Africa Legal Aid (AFLA) Youth Essay Competition
The Youth Essay Competition is directed at reaching a large audience of African youth, providing them with a platform to discuss contemporary issues of international criminal justice.
Criteria for participation
- Participants must be African and African based.
- Participants must be between 21 and 27 years of age.
- Participants must be either enrolled in university studying a course with an international criminal justice focus (like an LLB, LLM, BA Law, BCom Law, or Human Rights), or at the beginning of their careers in fields related to international justice and human rights.
- Write an essay of no more than 3,000 words.
- Submit your essay not later than 15 January 2018.
- Submit your essay to email@example.com, stating “AFLA Youth Essay Competition – Your Name Surname” in the object line of the email.
- Attach a scanned copy of your ID and proof of residence in Africa (through university certification or declaration of the workplace).
Information on participation
- The 1st , 2nd and 3rd winners will receive cash awards of 1,000, 500 and 250 Euro respectively.
- The winning essay will be published in the AFLA Quarterly.
- The winners will be announced by 1 April 2018.